Account Manager – NYC
Provide high-level project management handling information requests and confidential materials, performing research for special projects and performing field visits to ensure jobs are running smoothly. This position is expected to work with or without supervision, as per the demands of the work.
Key Job Duties
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Perform field survey’s when needed
- Travel as needed
- Perform field testing when needed
- Witnessing Cat 1 and Cat 5 tests/filling out necessary paperwork
- Perform maintenance evaluations/filling out necessary paperwork
- Perform due diligence surveys/filling out necessary paperwork.
- Perform construction service evaluations/filling out necessary paperwork
- Perform general consulting evaluations/formulating report on findings and recommended corrections
- Perform other evaluations as assigned
- Attend continuing education seminars
- Must be able to adapt to new technology used for field operations
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Creates deliverables for clients.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports billable hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, and bill rates.
- Facilitates client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Project Management of all assigned projects
- Arrange CS visits. Keep track of dates of these visits so you can expect paperwork within 24 hours of visit. Review and proofread typed CS reports, make any necessary changes and send to client and/or contractor.
- Estimating of elevator and escalator labor and materials
- Responsible for assigned accounts and all coordination and management of tasks within his/her account base. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project management test/inspection processes and issues, violations, contractor issues, new business, client relations, proposal review, review of documents and reports within the account base.
- AIA contracts for bid package should be prepared by the Account Manager. The final document, before execution, must be reviewed by manager.
- Maintain paper files for each project.
- Once a new job is assigned to you, a work order will be issued. Create a folder (standard format) and maintain all paperwork for the project.
- Maintain electronic filing for each project.
- Once a new job is assigned to you, create a folder under ‘Current Mod Projects’, with all template sub-folders. Maintain all electronic filing within these sub-folders.
- Direct field account coordinators in the development, analysis and preparation of reports
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases
- Communicate with other supervisors and managers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be able to type quickly
Must have extensive elevator knowledge, strong written communication skills, verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and computer skills, must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to communicate with building ownership, building personnel and contractors and withhold confidential information. The Account Manager/ Project Manager must be a disciplined person with a flexible approach towards the assigned work as well as be able to multi task and have management skills. This individual must be a team player and should be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company with a proactive approach to the work load. This individual must continue to improve their elevator knowledge associated with, but not limited to, national and local codes, national and local testing procedures, jurisdictional processes and new technology.
Local and QEI elevator licenses preferred. Bachelor’s degree or three years of project/account management experience. Organizational, computer and interpersonal skills are also necessary for this position.