Provide high-level account management handling information requests and confidential materials, perform research for special projects and performing field visits to ensure jobs are running smoothly and perform elevator/escalator inspections as needed. This position is expected to work with or without supervision, as per the demands of the work.
Must have elevator knowledge, strong written communication skills, verbal communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information. The Account/Project Manager must be a disciplined person with a flexible approach towards the assigned work as well as be able to multi task and have management skills. This individual must be a team player and should be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company with a proactive approach to the work load. Must be able to train and develop team to achieve goals, and must be willing to travel.
• Perform some engineering duties including, but not limited to, preparation of bid packages, specifications, drawings, modeling, traffic studies, field evaluations, punchouts.
• Coordinate department activities and special projects to ensure quality and meet timetables
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Tracks and reports billable hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
• Manages project budget.
• Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
• Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
• Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, and bill rates.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Project Management of all assigned projects
• Supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Estimating of elevator and escalator labor and materials
• Responsible for assigned accounts and all coordination and management of tasks within his/her account base.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project management test/inspection processes and issues, violations, contractor issues, new business, client relations, proposal review, review of documents and reports within the account base.
• AIA contracts for bid package should be prepared by the Project Manager.
• Arrange CS and GCS visits. Keep track of dates of these visits and coordinate delivery of reports within 48 hours of visit. Ensure that all reports are typed, then proofread as final review. Once approved, send to client and/or contractor.
• Maintain electronic files for each project utilizing the company’s file server system.
• Once a new job is assigned to you, a work order will be issued. Create a folder (standard format) and maintain all files for the project.
• Direct field account coordinators in the development, analysis and preparation of reports
• Attend all team and company meetings, as required.
• Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Maintain spreadsheets and databases.
• Communicate with other supervisors and managers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Travel as needed.
• Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must maintain professional communication skills (phone, email, etc.)
• Extensive elevator and escalator knowledge with at least five (5) years of industry experience
Three or more years of elevator/escalator experience and account/project management experience preferred, local and QEI elevator licenses preferred, organizational, computer and interpersonal skills are required, willingness to travel.