Field Inspector – Chicago
At BOCA Group, we strive to take vertical transportation consulting to new heights through a fast-paced, collaborative and positive work environment. As a rapidly growing global leader in vertical transportation consulting, we are seeking highly motivated individuals for the role of Field Inspector to strengthen our Chicago office. BOCA Group will give you the opportunity to work with some of the largest clients on some of the most prestigious buildings Chicago has to offer. Ideal candidates will be capable of spotlighting their vertical transportation knowledge to provide thorough evaluations of our client’s devices. They will be a valuable asset to the BOCA Group team by relaying information from the field in a clear and concise manner.
Key Job Duties
- Perform witnessing of category one and category five test.
- Perform maintenance evaluations site visits.
- Perform construction service site visits.
- Perform site surveys to gather technical information.
- Assess, clarify, and validate technical issues.
- Complete necessary field paper work and/or formulate findings with recommendations.
- Ten or more years’ experience in vertical transportation field.
- Experience performing on-site surveys to gather technical information.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws.
- Local and national elevator/escalator licenses required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, time management and organizational skills.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel when necessary.