Responsible for engineering all specifications, reports, handling information requests and confidential materials, and performing research for special projects. This position is expected to work without supervision, as per the demands of the work.
Must have strong written communication skills, verbal communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, must maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information. The Senior Engineer must be a disciplined person with a flexible approach towards the assigned work as well as be able to multi task and have basic management skills. This individual must be a team player and should be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company with a proactive approach to the work load.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Develop and write specifications
- Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids. Prepare elevator drawings using Auto CAD and Revit software.
- Prepare technical construction specifications.
- Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices
- Must be up to date on all technical policies and be aware of new procedures
- Must be up to date on all codes in all areas
- Prepare technical reports:
- perform all theoretical traffic calculations, and/or analyze recorded traffic data, and write reports
- analyze measured ride quality vibration data (collected by others) and write reports
- review due diligence reports, perform theoretical traffic analyses for these reports when required
- write special reports for which we have no template
- Maintenance Specifications
- prepare and/or review all maintenance contract specifications, including those to be submitted with modernization or installation packages
- compare owner-drafted or contractor-drafted maintenance contracts and write detailed comments or recommended changes
- BOCA Group proposals and contracts
- Assist with preparation of BOCA Group proposals in response to RFP’s for consulting services
- Professional Engineering
- stamp specifications or other documents when required by client and if appropriate (in compliance with legal and ethical requirements for professional engineers, this will require direct involvement in the creation of the documents to be stamped as well)
- provide professional engineering oversight when required by client
- All code interpretations issues, including assisting BOCA Group personnel with those issues and providing formal code-related reports to clients
- Provide technical presentations.
- Provide on-the-job training to new staff.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes and safety laws. Work requires advanced math skills, special relationship abilities, and the ability to understand “abstract” principles behind math and physics. Working knowledge of CAD tools. Requires registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Auto CAD
- Work may include travel to meetings, site visits, and inspections.
- Knowledge of elevator and escalator design and design principles
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
BS Engineering (preferred). Organizational, computer and interpersonal skills are also necessary for this position